Well, we’re seven days into the new year and I’m at 3 out of 300 books read. Not going to lie, I really hate seeing “you are 2 books behind on Goodreads.” But, I can look back on last year and see that it is possible.
It does feel pretty good to say I have completed 1% of my goal already. Two of the books were chosen only because of the different reading challenges I’ve started.
The first book of the year was on a display shelf at my local library. It had an interesting cover and when I picked it up, I noticed it folded open in fun ways. This fulfilled “A book that involves a bookstore or library” in the 2018 Popsugar Reading Challenge.
Book #1 – The Strange Library by Haruki Murakami
One of the first things I noticed in the 2018 Read Harder Challenge was “A comic that isn’t published by Marvel, DC, or Image” and this turned into the second book I read. It’s been a while since I read a comic and it felt great to do so again. It was a pretty interesting concept and I might read the next issues, but I remembered that reading too much violence isn’t good for me (and why I stopped reading comics). So we’ll see.
Book #2 – Welcome Back – Vol 1 – Help, I’m Alive by Sebela, Sawyer, Roe, and Zamudio
A little trick I picked up last year was to quicklyup my books read is by reading college commencements turned into books. They are inspirational, quick reads, that have sometimes changed my life. I suppose my definition of what makes a book a “full book” may be different, but hey. This book was “A book you meant to read in 2017 but didn’t get to” from the 2018 Popsugar Reading Challenge.
Book #3 – Now Go Out There (and get curious) by Mary Karr
– Let’s Get Visible: How To Get Noticed And Sell More Books by David Gaughran – I’m reading this ebook a little every morning.
– Tribe of Mentors by Timothy Ferris – I’m working through this in the morning – I’m loving it!
– Ready Player One (Amazon Afilliate Link) by Ernest Cline – reading this one a second time because I love it so much and can’t wait for the movie!
– Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire (Amazon Affiliate Link) by J. K. Rowling – reading this a bajillionth time because I’ve been meaning to reread the series.
– The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
What are you reading today?
Did you like what you read? Here’s some ways you can support us and this blog!
Join our Facebook group, Planning an Epic Road Trip on Any Budget
Join the Journey With The G’s email list (bonus – you get my Epic Road Trip Budget spreadsheet)
Buy my book, Planning an Epic Road Trip on any Budget.
Buy my book, Trusting God With 2 Cents: 22 Days To Becoming A Successful Christian Business Owner.
Shop on Amazon (no additional cost to you, this gives us a percentage of what you order).
Check out our resources page.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel