When I married Bret, I thought I was just marrying my best friend and this cool guy I loved. But a few months later, he was working with me, photographing weddings. When I closed my photography business, I thought that would be the end of working together. But here we are, running another business together.
In honor of Entrepreneurs’ Day, I wanted to share some of the amazing qualities I’ve seen in Bret over the last few years.
– He learns from his mistakes. There’s a big learning curve in investing and I’ve seen him own up to his mistakes and see them as a learning experience.
– He recognizes the power of affirmations. If we’re having a particularly hard day, he’ll say “Trade ya some affirmations?” Then we spend a good 10 minutes or so sharing some of our current affirmations.
– He has been humble in his success.
– Even after our first deal, instead of saying “screw work tonight!” He got right back to it to get the next deal.
– He works, even when he’s tired. The picture below was taken when he got home from school, he took a quick nap and then got to work on our investing business. Thankfully, we know this is just a season and won’t have to push ourselves so hard down the road. But this picture right here, will remind me of what we had to do to create the life we want.
Did you like what you read? Here’s some ways you can support us and this blog!
Join our Facebook group, Planning an Epic Road Trip on Any Budget
Join the Journey With The G’s email list (bonus – you get my Epic Road Trip Budget spreadsheet)
Buy my book, Planning an Epic Road Trip on any Budget.
Buy my book, Trusting God With 2 Cents: 22 Days To Becoming A Successful Christian Business Owner.
Shop on Amazon (no additional cost to you, this gives us a percentage of what you order).
Check out our resources page.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel