Wowie! 2600 days already, I thought it would be fun to compile 26 things I’ve learned and love about marriage in honor of such an anniversary!
1. I’ve learned that time goes by really fast – as Gretchen Rubin says – the days are long but the years are short. How true it is!
2. I’ve learned that it is amazing how much you change.
3. I’ve learned that it is amazing how much you stay the same.
4. I love having someone who accepts me as me, it is so comforting.
5. I love having someone who challenges me to grow in ways I need to. It really is a form of love.
6. I’ve learned it’s important to have fun together.
7. I’ve learned that you should find a husband who makes your coffee in the morning. (This may be the secret to our marriage right here)
8. I’ve learned you really get to know your spouse when you take a road trip together.
9. I’ve learned sometimes the best vacations are the ones where you hide out in your home.
10. I’ve learned it’s important to be your spouse’s best friend.
11. I’ve learned it’s extremely important to share things with your spouse first.
12. I’ve learned that you shouldn’t hold on too tightly to the dream that your spouse will wear the same ring you put on his finger 2600 days ago.
13. I love that blogging every day about our marriage helps us remember things we’d forgotten about.
14. I’ve learned that this marriage business is very serious.
15. I’ve learned it’s really fun to read a book in like a day and suggesting your spouse read it and he does in a few days (I’m looking at you Ready Player One).
16. I love how living a minimalist life together has made room for a much richer and fuller life.
17. I’ve learned that Bret is a really good dish washer.
18. I’ve learned that I am way more selfish than I realized.
19. I’ve learned that one of the best gifts you can give your spouse is acceptance, but encouragement to grow when they’ve fallen for the millionth time. I am floored by how Bret loved me through the many awful experiences of my alcoholism.
20. I love that marriage just gets better and better.
21. I love that we’ve grown together.
22. I love that there are still things we don’t know about each other.
23. I love that Bret encourages me to follow my dreams.
24. I love that marriage has made me a better person.
25. I’ve learned that lots of things change in life.
26. I’ve learned that, I just love being married to Bret. 🙂
This is us on like Day 2, 3 or 4.