Today we celebrate 2500 days together or just about 6.85 years. A lot has happened over those years and I have come to realize that marriage is not made up by years or even days, but thousands, nay, millions of tiny (and some big) choices.
– The choice to wake up, without grumbling, and make coffee for your wife. (Serious shout out to my amazing husband for this!)
– Paying the bills, again.
– Waiting in line.
– Choosing spiritual health over silly entertainment, thus being stronger for your spouse.
– Holding the wife when she’s crying, again….for no reason….again.
– Eating cheap food.
– Making sacrifices so you can live like you want later.
– Giving each other space when it is needed, even though all you want to do is be with the other.
– Working five jobs so your spouse can work at their dream job….even if dream morphs only a few years later (another serious shout out to that awesome Bret person).
– Realizing you’re not perfect.
– Realizing and accepting that you’re a big fat sinner (Thank you Dave Harvey).
– Knowing when to hold on a little longer and sleep a little less.
Bret, Huz, ol buddy ol pal, I can’t wait for another 6.85 rotations around the sun.
Did you like what you read? Here’s some ways you can support us and this blog!
Join our Facebook group, Planning an Epic Road Trip on Any Budget
Join the Journey With The G’s email list (bonus – you get my Epic Road Trip Budget spreadsheet)
Buy my book, Planning an Epic Road Trip on any Budget.
Buy my book, Trusting God With 2 Cents: 22 Days To Becoming A Successful Christian Business Owner.
Shop on Amazon (no additional cost to you, this gives us a percentage of what you order).
Check out our resources page.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel