It has been quite an adventure, building another business with Bret. We had such a blast working together photographing weddings, but I really didn’t think we’d have another business.
It wasn’t long after Bret started his business that I started to help him with his business. A few months later, we realized the power of embracing it as OUR business and it has truly made a big difference.
I also never saw either of us doing work like this. I always envisioned myself doing creative work, with lots of media. And yet, I keep coming back to administrative work and really thriving. You should see the epically complex spreadsheets and reports I have for our business.
It has been quite the journey so far and it’s only getting better. I wanted to share a few things I’ve learned so far.
– Sometimes you’ll have to do work on vacation.
– Sometimes you’ll have to drop everything to do what needs to be done.
– Sometimes you’ll expect things to go one way, and they go a completely different way.
– Sometimes something you fear the most, will lead to great things (and great income).
– You’ll get comfortable with uncomfortable things.
– You will make mistakes and you will lose money.
– You will have so much fun working with your spouse.
I can’t wait to see where this takes us. It’s already been such an awesome ride so far. 🙂
Did you like what you read? Here’s some ways you can support us and this blog!
Join our Facebook group, Planning an Epic Road Trip on Any Budget
Join the Journey With The G’s email list (bonus – you get my Epic Road Trip Budget spreadsheet)
Buy my book, Planning an Epic Road Trip on any Budget.
Buy my book, Trusting God With 2 Cents: 22 Days To Becoming A Successful Christian Business Owner.
Shop on Amazon (no additional cost to you, this gives us a percentage of what you order).
Check out our resources page.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel