I have really enjoyed sharing a car with Bret for the past 3+ish years. Man, I can’t believe it’s been that long already! In some ways, it feels like we’ve always shared a car. I still agree with all the reasons I gave below. But the biggest thing that we’ve gained, that we didn’t know we’d need, was more money to invest in our real estate investing business. I’m grateful that God saw where we would be going a few steps down the line and set us up perfectly for where we needed to be.
originally posted 10/15/15
I have been sharing a car with my husband for about ten months. It’s not the “normal” thing that people do these days. “Normal” people have two vehicles. We realized though, that we don’t need two vehicles.
Here’s what we’ve learned over the last ten months:
– Sharing increases our patience with each other. There have been times one or both of us have had to wait for the other.
– Sharing a car gives us more time together in the morning and afternoon on the days we both need to be somewhere.
– Sharing a car has decreased our expenses.
– We are thankful for the vehicle we DO have.
– It has shown us we don’t have to be “normal.”
– And finally, it really isn’t that big of a deal. Thankfully, my current job doesn’t require a lot of driving and when it does, it’s an easy “drop Bret off at school, drive where I need to and pick him up” situation.
What about you, have you shared a vehicle? What did you learn?
Did you like what you read? Here’s some ways you can support us and this blog!
Join our Facebook group, Planning an Epic Road Trip on Any Budget
Join the Journey With The G’s email list (bonus – you get my Epic Road Trip Budget spreadsheet)
Buy my book, Planning an Epic Road Trip on any Budget.
Buy my book, Trusting God With 2 Cents: 22 Days To Becoming A Successful Christian Business Owner.
Shop on Amazon (no additional cost to you, this gives us a percentage of what you order).
Check out our resources page.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel