Below is a repost from this day last year. I think it’s a good reminder, and I hope you’re taking steps towards your dreams! But two fun facts – When I was adding in the tags, I typed “meeting your goals” and had a mental picture of me shaking the hand of a goal. I wonder what a goal would look like… Also, if you think your dream is too big, and 15 minutes is too little time…I really only write about 15-30 minutes a day, and wrote my road trip book in less than 6 months. Don’t underestimate the power for 15 minutes every day!
~~~~ originally posted 9/8/16 ~~~~
I love to see others follow their dreams. I love hearing of people quitting their full time job to be a small business owner. I love pushing people to fulfill their dreams or at least figure out how to get there.
I have a few new dreams, being a speaker, writing for income, traveling more – to name a few (I am a big dreamer after all). But how do you make these dreams come true? How do you live the life you want to live? Here are a few tips.
– Set a deadline. Whether it’s in a few months or 20 years, put it on the calendar.
– Break down the steps to get there. If you want to write a book, break down how to do it before your goal. Having bite sized steps is super helpful.
– Tell a few trusted people your goal. Pick people who will ask you how it’s going. Pick people who won’t take your excuses as a valid reason you’re not completing your steps.
– When you’re working towards your dream, give it your all. Even if you can only devote 15 minutes a day to writing your book (or whatever), work SO hard in that 15 minutes.
– Realize that your dream may change, or how you get there might change.
Now go do it!
Did you like what you read? Here’s some ways you can support us and this blog!
Join our Facebook group, Planning an Epic Road Trip on Any Budget
Join the Journey With The G’s email list (bonus – you get my Epic Road Trip Budget spreadsheet)
Buy my book, Planning an Epic Road Trip on any Budget
Buy my book, Trusting God With 2 Cents: 22 Days To Becoming A Successful Christian Business Owner.
Shop on Amazon (no additional cost to you, this gives us a percentage of what you order).
Check out our resources page.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel