I love love love reading. If I go without regular reading time in my life, I become sad, discouraged, and just not filled. Reading brings me joy and makes me think. It gives me ideas. In a lot of ways, reading has changed my life, again and again. I read a lot too, I’m currently at 213 books for the year. Branching out my regular reading to children’s books has been, in some ways, a game changer. It has pushed me to want to read more “non-children’s” books to feel better about how many of my read list are “actual books.”
So how do I find books? What’s my method? How can you steal it?
– First is using Goodreads (this is a link to MY author page! I am still blown away that I have one.) I am connected to other readers, and I find lots of great books through them.
– I check my ever growing To Be Read list on Goodreads. (513 is the current count. Oy.)
– I follow Modern Mrs. Darcy who shares really great recommendations. Her guides and challenges are helpful in building my to be read list.
– I find book recommendations through other books I read. This alone is a rabbit hole! It is so helpful having a place to put them (can I say how much I love Goodreads?)
– I browse the new books at the library. This is probably my best source for great books. I have certain areas I always look (business and self-help type books), but having a small snapshot of all subjects pushes me to look at topics I might not normally read.
– I browse all of the stacks in the library. I love to wander around and grab books that catch my eye. I will typically look until the bag I’m carrying gets too heavy.
All of this lead me to read, Which Cult Should I Join – A Choose-Your-Own Guidebook for the Spiritually Bereft by Jo Stewart. Now, you might be thinking, why is a professing Christian reading this? I picked it up because I thought it looked interesting. I actually learned a lot in the process of reading it. So, while wildly hilarious, it was also informative.
What about you? How do you find new books to read?
Did you like what you read? Here’s some ways you can support us and this blog!
Join our Facebook group, Planning an Epic Road Trip on Any Budget
Join the Journey With The G’s email list (bonus – you get my Epic Road Trip Budget spreadsheet)
Buy my book, Planning an Epic Road Trip on any Budget
Buy my book, Trusting God With 2 Cents: 22 Days To Becoming A Successful Christian Business Owner.
Shop on Amazon (no additional cost to you, this gives us a percentage of what you order).
Check out our resources page.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel