Today ended up being one of those days where I ran around ALL day. Oy. Since this chick is way tired, I’m resharing a post from two years ago. Enjoy!
originally posted 2/6/15
I was going to post Bret’s story about his two year long journey to attempting a Guinness World Record twice. I even reread his story, edited it down (just a little), emailed it to him to review at school as a last check. That was going to be the post today.
But then something happened.
I’m listening to an amazing two week event. It’s called On the Road and Making Money (you can probably still sign up if this interests you!) So far I’ve heard about a half dozen calls and have garnered some really great advice. It’s set a fire under my butt to make big changes in my life and my business. It’s given me ideas for one of my clients. It’s only the first week and it’s already been life changing.
Today, I listened to a rebroadcast called “Take Your Business on the Road to Explode Your Ecstatic Brand and Attract High-Paying Clients” by Christina Morassi. My biggest takeaway was this – it is ok to be you and to share that in your business. I found myself listening with tears streaming down. My journey has definitely been on the road to fully embracing ME and not apologizing for it. It was more of a “preaching to the choir” talk.
It was awesome to be reminded it’s ok that:
- I love to have a stack of 29 books from the library, 2 on hold and requests for 2 more (my current numbers).
- That I LOVE puzzles and have completed over 700 on the Jigsaw World app on Facebook. (I listen to sermons/webinars/etc. while putting together puzzles, so it’s not ALWAYS indulging in fun just for fun.)
- That I get giddy excited about PivotTables and Excel spreadsheets.
- That I wear adult footed PJs.
- That I cry at beer commercials.
- That I would drive across the country and not take a shower until Nevada.
- That I get so into non-fiction books about research studies it’s like I’m reading an intense fiction novel.
- That I can get my heart broken, but still love on someone.
- That Christ and following Him is the number one thing in my life. Even if it turns people off or causes me to “sacrifice” things/people/whatever.
So today, I want to encourage you to fully embrace who you are. Every single aspect of you makes you wonderful and uniquely YOU! It is OK to be you!
“He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man’s heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.” Ecclesiastes 3:11
Did you like what you read? Here’s some ways you can support us and this blog!
Buy my book, Trusting God With 2 Cents: 22 Days To Becoming A Successful Christian Business Owner.
Shop on Amazon (no additional cost to you, this gives us a percentage of what you order).
Check out our resources page.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel