I love to see others follow their dreams. I love hearing of people quitting their full time job to be a small business owner. I love pushing people to fulfill their dreams or at least figure out how to get there.
I have a few new dreams, being a speaker, writing for income, traveling more – to name a few (I am a big dreamer after all). But how do you make these dreams come true? How do you live the life you want to live? Here are a few tips.
– Set a deadline. Whether it’s in a few months or 20 years, put it on the calendar.
– Break down the steps to get there. If you want to write a book, break down how to do it before your goal. Having bite sized steps is super helpful.
– Tell a few trusted people your goal. Pick people who will ask you how it’s going. Pick people who won’t take your excuses as a valid reason you’re not completing your steps.
– When you’re working towards your dream, give it your all. Even if you can only devote 15 minutes a day to writing your book (or whatever), work SO hard in that 15 minutes.
– Realize that your dream may change, or how you get there might change.
Now go do it!