Yesterday, Bret and I celebrated seven years of marriage. In honor of that, here are 7 things I’ve learned.
1. Marriage can be really, really fun – We have had some amazing adventures. We’ve laughed about silly things and really funny things. I’m glad I’m married to such a fun guy.
2. Marriage can be really, really boring – There are weeks when things are just routine. Same thing, every day. While this could be seen as a bad thing, I see it as consistent more than anything else.
3. Marriage can be really, really easy – There are days when we don’t fight, when the bills are paid and the savings account is fully stocked.
4. Marriage can be really, really hard – There are days when we fight, where the bills are a little behind and the savings account is asking for a life saver.
5. Marriage is best when you’re married to your best friend – Bret is the first person I want to talk to about everything.
6. Marriage is very serious – We’ve always taken a very serious approach to our marriage, especially in the area of relationships with members of the opposite sex. We try not to have private conversations over email or Facebook with a member of the opposite sex, if we can help it. We try not to take rides in cars with a member of the opposite sex alone except in very extreme circumstances. Our relationship with each other is so important and serious.
7. Marriage rocks – plain and simple, this marriage stuff is amazing. To have someone accept you as you are, no matter what, is so, so great.
Did you like what you read? Here’s some ways you can support us and this blog!
Join our Facebook group, Planning an Epic Road Trip on Any Budget
Join the Journey With The G’s email list (bonus – you get my Epic Road Trip Budget spreadsheet)
Buy my book, Planning an Epic Road Trip on any Budget.
Buy my book, Trusting God With 2 Cents: 22 Days To Becoming A Successful Christian Business Owner.
Shop on Amazon (no additional cost to you, this gives us a percentage of what you order).
Check out our resources page.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel