Today I was going to prepare a lovely meal. Ground turkey, veggies and couscous. It is SO delicious. I had just come back from a run and was VERY hungry. Here’s the thing – it’s been CRAZY busy the last week or so. I kept telling myself, I gotta make this, I gotta make this. Well, I finally did. When I pulled out the ground turkey, I noticed that the “use by/freeze by” date was 9/21. Ok, let’s try this….opened them up…hmmm, maybe they’re not ok…but I’m going to start cooking it…called mom (because what else would you do in this situation?)….she told me to Google it (did NOT expect that!)….Google and company told me not go over the date by more than 1-2 days. Well, crap.
So, here’s what I learned:
– It is mind boggling how fast a garbage disposal can get rid of two pounds of ground turkey. I mean, WOW!
– Your apartment may smell somewhat nice after partially cooking two pounds of old ground turkey, but there will be just a slight nastiness to the smell.
– Because of the smell, you will need to open every window, turn on every fan and light a candle.
– Don’t put off cooking meals like this. Make them when you get home from the store or the very next day. Don’t. Let. It. Slide.
– You will still be hungry after all of this. Perhaps it’s time to go to Dunkin Donuts.
– At least your apartment will smell like strawberries after it’s all said and done.
– Bonus points if you’ve already planned on going on out for dinner.
Did you like what you read? Here’s some ways you can support us and this blog!
Join our Facebook group, Planning an Epic Road Trip on Any Budget
Join the Journey With The G’s email list (bonus – you get my Epic Road Trip Budget spreadsheet)
Buy my book, Planning an Epic Road Trip on any Budget.
Buy my book, Trusting God With 2 Cents: 22 Days To Becoming A Successful Christian Business Owner.
Shop on Amazon (no additional cost to you, this gives us a percentage of what you order).
Check out our resources page.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel