How do you survive a summer wedding? It’s hot, your guests are hot, what do you do?
1. Rent an ice cream truck for the cocktail hour.
2. Have your programs printed on a fan.
3. Know where the sun will be at key points during your day. If you’re having an outdoor ceremony, make sure you AND your guests will be in the shade. We did NOT do this! I still look at the pictures and think, doh, sorry guys!
4. Have some water bottle fans for the kids…and wedding party.
5. Anywhere your guests will be outdoors, have ice water available.
6. Make sure the invitation is clear if guests will be outdoors.
7. Make sure you take your formals in a cool/shaded area (or even before the ceremony!)
8. Remember to have fun.
9. Don’t have your wedding in the summer. 😉
p.s. Thanks to Shawna Sherrell Photography for the inspiration for this post!