If you’re a business owner like me, you know that every day can be a struggle to get up and keep on keeping on. I was going to write a completely different post, but it just wasn’t the right time or topic. Maybe another day. But not today.
So here are my current top ten reasons I stay a full-time photographer.
- I felt a call on my life. At first I thought it was just to be a wedding photographer. Since I quit the 9-5 I have had countless opportunities to be there for others. The ability to lend my car to my siblings. Time to bond with others that I never would have had with any of my 9-5 jobs.
- As a thank you to Bret for all of the sacrifices he’s made for me. He believes in me, that is a huge motivator.
- To capture more important moments in others’ lives.
- I remember all of the memories I’ve stolen forever in digital format. Bwahahahaha.
- Because I have no idea what else I would do. I cannot think of a single job that includes all of my skills and gifts so well.
- Because each day we have our daily bread is a confirmation that I’m doing the right thing.
- Because my past self tells me to.
- Because I know we offer something different and special.
- So I can do this –
- Because every day I ask God to “go before me today. I give you my day, no matter what that means.” And He hasn’t told me no yet. 🙂
What about you? What keeps you doing what you do?