Right now, we’re probably about half way across the country. I’m writing this a few days in advance because I’m not sure when I’ll be able to update this lovely blog again! Follow us on Instagram for quicker updates!
I wanted to give some tips we’ve learned while driving cross country.
1. Take refillable coffee mugs, like 4 of them. Coffee refills are typically a dollar and sometimes less.
2. Take a bunch of cup of noodles and foods that just need hot water. Use 1-2 of your refillable coffee mugs to get hot water at a gas station. Most of the time, this is free.
3. If there are two drivers, use the back seat for a bed. On the front passenger seat, keep a cooler and easy access to snacks. This way one driver can sleep while the other is driving. Using this method, we drove from California to Maryland in about 51ish hours.
4. Take many books on tape. They have to keep your interest. One year, I listened to the Hunger Games series. I think I did an 8 hour stretch it kept me so awake.
5. Buy all of your snacks and drinks before you leave…at a grocery store. Use coupons if you can. Pack the drinks in your cooler.
6. Have a blast! This is a beautiful country, enjoy it!!!
Did you like what you read? Here’s some ways you can support us and this blog!
Join our Facebook group, Planning an Epic Road Trip on Any Budget
Join the Journey With The G’s email list (bonus – you get my Epic Road Trip Budget spreadsheet)
Buy my book, Planning an Epic Road Trip on any Budget.
Buy my book, Trusting God With 2 Cents: 22 Days To Becoming A Successful Christian Business Owner.
Shop on Amazon (no additional cost to you, this gives us a percentage of what you order).
Check out our resources page.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel